Effective Date: May 14, 2016
Payo App provides limited access to your personal information to only those employees of Payo App and its partners and Alliance Partners who need it to fulfill their responsibilities to provide the services required for the business. Employees must adhere to Payo App policies. Employees violating these policies will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal. We employ appropriate measures to protect your information against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. These may include, among others, encryption, physical access security and other appropriate technologies. Payo App continually reviews and enhances its security systems as necessary.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION:
Payo App collects personal and non-personal information in order to offer or provide our Services to you. This information may include the following: your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, government-issued identification (i.e. driver’s license or passport) number, bank account information and details and debit/credit card details. We also collect information regarding your Beneficiary, including, but not limited to their name, address, phone number, bank account details, ID copies etc. We processes and store Personal Data collected from you via your use of the Service or where you have given your consent, including but not limited to Website, Emails, Survey Forms, Referral Programs, Third Party services used for (but not limited to):
- Identity Verification Service,
- financial background information describing financial status,
- Identification information, such as name and address data,
- Transaction information, such as account activity, debit activity or credit activity,
- Other information relating to financial matters.
LOGIN USING FACEBOOK :
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES:
Payo App and its Alliance Partners shares your personal and non-personal information for the following purposes:
- To process your Transactions;
- To verify your identity;
- To collect payment for your use of the Service;
- To allow our partners and Alliance Partners to fulfill their promotional obligations to you;
- To troubleshoot problems with the Service;
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and rules, such as those relating to “know-your-customer” and anti-money laundering requirements;
- To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal uses of the Service;
- To send you marketing notices, service updates, and promotional offers; and
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION:
RECIPIENTS OF INFORMATION:
Payo App may disclose your information to companies affiliated with us. These recipients include: (a) financial institutions such as banks, credit card companies, brokerage houses, and consumer reporting agencies pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 U.S.C. §1681 et seq.); (b) companies that process transactions or provide other services for us including, but not limited to, attorneys, accountants, and auditors; and (c) government and law enforcement agencies in general and where specifically required or permitted under the Right to Financial Privacy Act of 1978 (12 U.S.C. §3401, et seq.), to comply with federal, state, or local laws, rules, and other applicable legal requirements, as required by Title III of the federal United and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001 (USA Patriot Act; P.L. 107-56).